QUALIFICATIONS CRITERIA FOR APPLYING
Revised January 1, 2020
- Harbor Property Management does not accept “co-signers” on any application
- We follow all FEDERAL & STATE HOUSING LAWS and do not discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status or handicap.
The criteria for renting applies to all online or in office applicants and is as follows:
- Occupancy Standard: The maximum occupancy standards are listed below:
Studio = 2 people; OneBedroom = 3 people; Two Bedroom = 5 people; Three Bedroom = 7 people; etc.
- Identification Requirements: All applications must provide a photo ID and a valid Social Security number. Acceptable photo ID's include but not limited to:
State issued ID card or Driver’s License; Passport or any other Government issued ID. (Military cards are not acceptable)
- Age Requirements: All occupants 18 years old or older must be listed as a lessee and must submit a fully completed application. ALL LINES MUST BE FILLED IN.
If a line is inapplicable to you, you must place an “N/A” on the line. Inaccurate, false, or materially misleading information will disqualify applicant as a prospective renter.
- Income Requirements: All applicants must provide a verifiable income. The combined gross monthly income of all lease holders must be at least (3) times the monthly rent. Proof of income must be submitted with application to be considered.
Acceptable proofs of income include:
- Two most recent paycheck stubs with YTD total.
- Previous year’s tax return, W-2, or 1099.
- Proof of child and/or spousal support payments.
- Proof of social security income, disability or other government income.
- Proof of retirement or trust fund account.
- Current employment offer letter (for new employment).
- Provide proof of liquid assets that show at least (3) times the rental amount.
- Self-employed can provide most recent personal tax return and (3) months personal bank statements (must be from the same account) to show enough income of at least (3) times the amount of rent.
- Jobs that are based off tips, bonuses or commissions will be considered self-employed.
- Credit Requirements:
- Applicants must have verifiable credit history and report that demonstrates a willingness to pay financial obligations in a timely manner.
- Applicants should have no more than (20%) negative/derogatory accounts.
- A combined average credit score (FICO) should be no less than 650 for standard approval.
- A credit score of 649-600 may be conditionally considered based on credit report, landlord or owner’s approval.
- Credit scores less than 600 will be automatically denied.
- Bankruptcies must be discharged and at least 2 years old.
- Residency Requirements:
- (2) years of verifiable and favorable rental history from unbiased sources – relatives, in-laws, and/or employers are not considered unbiased sources.
- Applicants named in Evictions will be automatically DENIED.
- Monies owed to previous landlords will automatically be DENIED unless debt is verifiably satisfied.
- Favorable responses from references, current, and previous landlords are required from all applicants.
- Criminal History: We do not automatically deny applicants based on criminal history.
However, criminal history may, at the discretion of the Landlord, be considered and may be used to determine whether applicant will be accepted or denied residency based on:
1) the nature of the offense and/or charge; 2) whether the final disposition resulted in a guilty verdict or plea; and, 3) the amount of elapsed time from the date of final disposition (e.g. applicant was released from prison, probation, or parole).
We limit consideration to convictions, the dates of final disposition of which predate the report by no more than seven years. Note that any conviction for a crime or crimes against property and/or people which could result in jail time of one year or more, (notwithstanding the fact that the conviction may have been negotiated and/or plea bargained down to a misdemeanor and/or less than one year in jail) may result in denial.
- There is a non-refundable application fee: of $33.00 for each applicant ($20 for credit report and $13 for administration fee). Applications will not be accepted until fees are paid by cash, money order, online, or cashier’s check. No Personal Checks Accepted.
- You must view the property before applying: Please do not apply for any of our rentals unless each potential renter has viewed the interior and exterior of the property. Application fees will not be refunded.
- Only some of our owners are allowing pets (with pet deposit and or pet rent) on their property. Comfort/Service & Emotional Support Animals are welcomed with proper verifiable documentation. Please inquire about these options prior to applying.
- Renters Insurance: (if required) Prior to move-in, you must provide the Declaration Page showing: Minimum of $100,000 liability coverage • Policy equal to or greater than the term of the lease • The property and address added as additional insured (to notify landlord, in case policy is terminated).
- Security Deposit Requirements: All rent, deposits and fees required for move-in must be paid in full prior to move-in via cashier’s check or money order.
If you rent a house, you must smoke outdoors. If you rent an apartment or condo, there is no smoking on the property--the entire property is smoke free, regardless of the product being smoked: including cigarettes, marijuana, and/or vape.